TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and electricity. A leading player in the energies industry with activities in more than 130 countries worldwide, we are committed to energy that is more affordable, more reliable, and cleaner, in compliance with the highest safety and environmental standards.
To be part of this dynamic global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees worldwide, TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited welcomes applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for the position below:
Job Title: Wellsite Geologist
Offer ID: 59318BR
Location: Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Branch: Exploration and Production
Employment Type: Regular position
- The incumbent will support the Senior Wellsite Geologist by performing all assigned tasks in relation to (but not limited to):
- Planning and supervision of geological operations in the course of drilling
- Adherence to safety protocols, Company Rules (CR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and trainings related to the role. Ensuring service company personnel being supervised are equally HSE compliant in training and service delivery.
- Reviewing quality, accuracy and unambiguity of geoscience data acquired at the Wellsite and associated reporting (Shows / Cuttings descriptions, well composite logs and Final Well reports, Post-Mortems, REX etc.).
- Ensuring timely dispatch of Wellsite reports (e.g., Daily Geological Reports) and geoscience data to Town.
- Anticipation, correlation and reporting of Well and geological events (Faults, reservoir tops, OVP zones etc.).
- Contribution to improvement of data acquisition Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and best practices.
- Supervision of Mud Logging crew to ensure Cutting’s descriptions and Shows identification/descriptions are consistent with best practices, that Sensors/equipment are functional, and that real-time data is reliable.
- Ensuring Well samples: Cuttings, fluid, Cores etc. are handled, packaged, stored, and shipped as per SOP.
- QA/QC of LWD real-time and memory data including witnessing and coordinating of pressure testing and sampling operations.
- Actively witnessing Electrical logging operations (surface testing of tools, rig-up and data acquisition etc.). Ensuring SOP and Company Rules compliance with while flagging and communicating program changes to the Senor Wellsite Geologist.
- Promoting proper communication between the Mud Loggers / M-LWD / Wireline crew and the Drilling crew.
- Onboarding and auditing service contractors and equipment to vet compliance with scheduled operations requirements.
- Geo-stop (coring points, phase TD) identification and clarification in collaboration with the Senior Wellsite Geologist.
- Performing quick-look data interpretation at the Rig site in collaboration with the Senior Wellsite Geologist.
- Supporting the Senior Wellsite Geologist and Operations Geologist in various tasks during periods of no drilling activity.
- Performing Contractor Rig-site service quality delivery reviews (e.g., HSE behavior, Timing, failures, and NPT etc.).
- Monitoring / recommending cost saving initiatives for implementation in operations without compromising safety or data quality.
Context and Environment:
- The Geosciences & Reservoir (GSR) entity of TotalEnergies Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN) is multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed (Locations: Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Pau) hence the challenge of collaborating with the various teams and the need for efficient communication.
We are looking for young professionals who are motivated and passionate , with excellent academic achievement. Interested applicants should have:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Geology, Operations Geology or Geosciences (or equivalent).
- 0 – 3 years relevant professional experience in Geology or Operations Geology
- Team Player, Pro-active, Attentive to details, Client oriented whilst focused on results delivery, Good Communicator.
- Fluent in English (additional languages are a plus), Open-Minded, Adaptable to multi-cultural environment.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interview Location: LAGOS-EKO1 TWR (NGA)
- All applications must be completed online
- Applicants are advised to submit only one application per position to avoid disqualification.
- TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited, and its approved recruitment consultants, will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application. Anyone demanding such is not an authorized TotalEnergies representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited will not take responsibility for any careers / job vacancies placed outside this advert or Total Energies careers website careers.totalenergies.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.