Nigerian Breweries Plc is the pioneer and largest brewing Company in Nigeria. We are the home of great brands, with products formulated and brewed under the highest quality standards and procedures. Our rich portfolio of quality Lager, Stout, Non-alcoholics and Spirit make us stand out. From our first champion, Star Lager Beer to our youngest gems, we ignite memorable moments that bring us together and create unforgettable bonds. They help make the world a little better… one day, one beer, one cheers at a time!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Affairs Manager
- The Government Affairs Manager is a politically savvy professional with access to key stakeholders in government and a dependable enabler for the company to shape public policies and lead advocacies on corporate affairs campaigns that are material to business sustainability.
- Providing the business with strategic advice by identifying and capturing investment opportunities in collaboration with government, while protecting the value of existing assets
- Identifying key national policies and political opportunities/risks that impact short and long term business goals including draft alcohol regulation, excise administration, tax stamps and production licenses to shape campaign strategies.
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with key decision makers and developing a robust stakeholder maps and engagement plans to leverage key platforms for high-level participation by the company.
- Analysing legislative and public policy documents with impact on business continuity, developing submissions and generating reports on their status and action plan
- Executing tactical advocacies with government and communication plans to support business objectives
- Contributing to the development of unit strategies and priorities as part of the annual business plan for the Corporate Affairs function
- Providing written reports and formal presentation to senior colleagues on outcomes of engagement with stakeholders and advice on contact with decision makers.
- University Degree in Social Sciences
- An MBA with specialization in marketing or strategy offers an added advantage.
- 4-6 years relevant experience in public policy analysis and advocacy, government affairs and regulatory relations.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian political environment and experience in developing coalitions with thought leaders and industry associations.
- Government relations
- Stakeholder mapping
- Advocacy campaigns
- Public policy and legislative processes
- Issues management and crisis resolution
- Business communication and presentation
- Community relations and corporate social responsibility.
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Great networking skills and ability to main contacts with decision-makers
- Business acumen – strong understanding of the business and ability to engage with internal senior business leaders to demonstrate the value of Corporate Affairs to the business.
- Political knowledge – intimate knowledge of the Nigerian political process at all levels of government
- Influencing and people management skills – understanding of the science of successful influencing techniques, nudge behaviour and how to achieve results.
- Digital – building digital first mindset and capabilities
- Stakeholder mapping, engagement and advocacy campaigns
- Information gathering and interpreting skills
- Organisational skills to manage demanding workload and priorities
- Strong project management skill
- Ability to handle complex issues, grasp complex information and communicate in a simplified manner.
Why Join Us?
- Attractive remuneration and benefits.
- Paid time off
- Employee mental health assistance programme
- Medical insurance for employees, spouses and children.
- Life insurance
- Vehicle insurance
- Attractive pension scheme
- Grants for car ownership
- Flexible work arrangement
- Free onsite crèche
- Recreational facilities e.g. swimming pool, tennis court.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online