Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager, Consumer Apps
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- The Consumer Marketing team oversees many of Google’s products, including Search, Google Assistant, Maps, Google Photos, and YouTube. Our team is integrated in product development, positioning, narrative, and go-to-market strategy. Whether we are incubating a product or scaling a mature one, our team operates with a growth mindset and our work is rooted in user insights. We believe in innovative product marketing as much as we believe in cross-team collaboration and transparency.
- In this role, you will work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to outreach, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop marketing plans for Consumer Apps in Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) and execute campaigns to drive app adoption and usage.
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for feature/product launches.
- Use quantitative methods, models, and research to help us better understand consumer behavior and provide feedback into the product and strategic development cycle.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the user.
- Develop messaging, collateral, events, and business strategies aimed at acquiring users and increasing our engagement with them.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a brand/marketing manager
- Experience developing marketing strategies and business plans
- Ability to speak and write in French fluently
- Experience and success in analytics
- Ability to maintain a global approach and think across disciplines, industries, cultures, and scenarios
- Understanding of Google’s products and the technology industry
- Excellent innovation and creative problem-solving skills
- Interest in technology
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online