Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Head of On-Demand Services Logistics – Jumia
Job type: Full Time
Department: Services – Logistics
- Overall ownership of On Demand logistics process, policies and execution
- Create SOPs for country JS team alignment with 3PLs, define scope of services from time to time and ensure compliance.
- Own Delivery Associate payment structure in line with the projected cost and the competitive landscape in the countries
- Responsible for end to end customer experience attributed to the delivery like delivery time, rider behavior, losses, etc
- Design guidelines for the rider support team, ensure training is updated with product changes
- Owner of the DA engagement minimizing the churn of the DAs from Jumia platform
- Coordinate with commercial, marketing and the operations team on a regular basis to align on business numbers and communicate the same to the country teams
- Continuously align with the product team on future developments which is in sync with the business goals.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Business Administration, Logistics- supply chain, Economics, Engineering). MBA in operations is a plus
- Minimum 8 years of experience with 5 years in last mile or hyperlocal delivery operations owning multiple functions
- Advanced Excel for data analysis, to create macros, pivot tables, analytical capabilities and workbooks.
- Relevant professional certification in Logistics or supply chain management will be an added advantage
- Relevant years FMCG, E-Commerce or commercial experience
- Ability to negotiate and communicate in flawless English
- Demonstrated competency in data reporting and analysis
- Experience of managing OnDemand operations at scale
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online