MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Device, Data & Partnership
Employment Status: Permanent
Department: Management – MTN Foundation
Core purpose of the Job
- Accountable for the creation and implementation of MTNN’s data and device strategy and ensure alignment to overall Group Data and Device Strategy.
- Drive an increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Data & Devices processes are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions). Specifically, drive the smartphone data strategy and ensure ROI
- Build financial leverage such that MTNN generates increasing revenue/profit with reducing incremental cost through:
- Sponsorship of the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Support for initiatives that will ensure cost savings and reduction to drive EBITDA growth for the organization.
- Implementation of a long term roadmap of customer-centric propositions that drive customer value by removing frustration and friction that curtail adoption using the following levers:
- Data-driven offers informed by Market Research and Business Intelligence and delivered through Customer value management methodology
- Offline distribution opportunities with Sales
- Planned strategy for successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Provide input to strategic pricing guidelines, modelling tools and processes to enable decision making around device and device bundles
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners and suppliers and work closely with CVM and Pricing teams to develop GTM plans
- Drive development and maintenance of operational/financial metrics and establish support models required to achieve them.
- Develop Device proposition business plan input and Create a comprehensive data-lifestyle device acquisition roadmap by:
- Keep abreast of technology and platform trends
- Be aware of and interact with OTT players and incubator programs related to app development
- Keep abreast of current and future wearables/accessory roadmaps.
- Use regional operations to leverage initiatives to drive business growth, branded experience and local / community connections / affinity with MTN.
- Review internal and external environment including competition and develop a comprehensive strategy for data & devices considering the most effective and efficient ways in developing, launching and sustaining related products.
- Build partnerships with key OEM’s, OTT players, Platform players, App developers and develop partnerships with device distributors in market.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
- Minimum 12 years’ work experience which includes:
- Senior management track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven experience in product management, customer management, marketing management, market research, sales, project management and channel management
- Experience in cross-departmental, cross-level collaboration towards common business goals
- Be very adept at service design i.e. synthesizing various technologies and capabilities into the business’s that customers love
- Strong analytical capability
- Strong orientation towards decision making and action.
- BA, B.Eng, B.Tech or B.Sc
Application Closing Date
5th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online