United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: G7 Trader
- Deepen the Bank’s third currency trading for visibility and profitability.
- Ensure provision of competitive quotes at all times during market operations.
- To execute third currency mandates on both proprietary and client-specific basis.
- To build business relationships and supply generalist treasury advice to the business units.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor global currency markets for price movements.
- Daily evaluation of technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with approved trade size and daily acceptable loss limits.
- Seal and cover trades at competitive prices for African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales)
- Build trust relationship with African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Review of Master Agreements with foreign and local banks for adequacy of content.
- Liaise with other market participants; and implementing market development initiatives.
- Generate report for relevant stakeholders.
- Generate Daily Settlement for Liquidity Management by end of day for funding.
- Generate Daily Settlement for back office (TropsFCY) by end of day for settlement.
- Master’s Degree in Finance and other business-related disciplines and a professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- A Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a bank’s Treasury and experience in FCY Trading is required.
- Our ideal candidate must possess strong trading skills, must be able to carry out daily evaluation of technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities, liaise with other market participants and implement market development initiatives.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the foreign exchange market and operations.
- Interpersonal and communications skills.
- Money management skills.
- Strong trading skills.
- Good Customer Service.
- Relationship Management.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Coaching and Mentoring skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s products, policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of methods of market analysis (Fundamental and Technical).
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online