Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Fleet Officer (Cement Industry)
Ref ID: Okpella – DCT-0025
Location: Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
- Provide support for the implementation of DCT’s logistics policies and processes by participating in planning/ coordinating movement of cement products and/ or materials between the Plant and approved areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage vehicular traffic, including loading activities (off-loading and on-loading) at the Plant to ensure overall orderliness and efficiency of depot operations.
- Ensure appropriate storage of incoming materials at the designated facilities in the Plant.
- Coordinate loading of products onto allocated trucks for dispatch to approved locations outside the Plant.
- Ensure that all plant logistics activities comply with DCT’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards.
- Coordinate efficient and timely loading of customers’ trucks with purchased products on a FIFO basis.
- Develop and submit reports of logistics activities at the Plant and provide recommendations where necessary.
- To ensure recovery of AGO for short kilometres.
- To ensure all accident and related documents are collected on time
- To ensure all vehicles are coming with raw materials from designated location whenever there’s feasibility of collecting raw materials.
- To ensure timely allocation of vehicles for collecting spares and other required by plant or other used department.
- Liaising with Transporters acquiring information on:
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Transport.
- Arrival of Trucks
- Truck Breakdowns
- Any other Emergency Occurrences.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business, Logistics, or other related field
- Minimum of two (3) years experience in logistics management.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCT’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Basic knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online