British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fiscal Affairs Manager
Reports to: Head of Fiscal Affairs
Seniority Level: Middle Management
Function: Legal and External Affairs
Geographical Scope: Anglophone countries across West Africa Area, main focus – Nigeria and Ghana
Role Positioning And Objectives
- Develop and implement Excise and Anti Illicit trade engagement campaigns according to the Excise and Anti Illicit Trade strategy.
- Monitor national and international developments which influences national excise and illicit trade policies, and support creation of positions and advocacy material aligned with Regional / Global policies and priorities.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Managing the Anti Illicit Trade campaign in SA and in close collaboration and alignment with the Area Fiscal Affairs Manager
- Monitoring of excise, international trade and governmental revenue developments in the countries in scope
- Actively monitors the external environment for excise, tax and trade developments and keeps the business informed
- Support developing excise and anti-illicit trade strategy for the specific markets
- Implementing engagement campaigns according to the strategy, including on tax structures and systems,
- Engaging with 3rd parties, Governmental bodies, associated economic organizations, and other stakeholders according to the key stakeholder map
- Provides effective and timely support with the development of supporting advocacy, positions, communications materials, and reporting mechanisms.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- The job holder should have a relevant four-year Degree and minimum 5 – 7 years experience in a consultancy or in-house function in the areas of either legal, political, tax and trade or government affairs.
- Good understanding of excise systems and impacts on varying portfolio constructs
- Good knowledge of pricing and excise drivers, like elasticity and affordability
- Good understanding of supply chain processes
- Understanding of Macro and Socio demographic developments
- Working knowledge of fiscal affairs and trade blocs
- Understanding of risk and risk management processes
- Experience in a global Consultancy, FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- Indirect taxation, International Trade, Pricing
- Commercial perspective is key, and therefore the incumbent should ideally have various excise systems and their interaction with pricing and a brand portfolio
- The incumbent must also be able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders
- Analytical skills, Ability to make complex subjects simple
- Ability to build and sustain networks cross-functionally
- Presentation skills
- Ability to write lucid and concise summaries.
Competitive Salary + excellent benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online