Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Locations: Jigawa, Kano, Kaduna
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 7 years
Programme: PLANE – Partnership For Learning For All In Nigerian
Reports to: Finance Manager
- The Finance officer will support the Finance Manager in managing the state budgeting, forecasting, disbursement and accounting functions.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide financial management guidance & support to State offices, fielding queries from staff and capacity development of field staff.
- Checking and analysing weekly and monthly spend returns from the State and forwarding of these to the National Finance and Administration Manager.
- In-put of Cash, Bank and Hotel accounts data for the State.
- Maintain an efficient, proper and transparent financial filing system of all documents relating to Finance
- Compile monthly cash-flow forecasts and weekly cash requests.
- Make payments (in cash and cheques) to third parties, issues cash advances and maintain the Advances Register
- Write checks, request/obtain bank statements and oversee the office cash holding
- Manage the office cash in safe and reconcile daily
- Act as the first point of reference for staff at the state level on queries regarding Finance issues and assist FM in preparing protocols and guidelines on Finance.
- Undertake visits and field queries from the States to develop capacity and ensure implementation of finance guidelines across the States.
- Any other duties which might be allocated.
- A University Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar disciplines
- 3 – 6 years work experience in a similar role with some responsibility
- Good knowledge of accounting, budgeting techniques, and financial control theory/practices.
- Ability to relate with programme/technical personnel who may have little or no knowledge of financial control procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of the funding, reporting and administrative requirements of FUDO-funded programmes.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Functional independence with the initiative to manage high-volume workflow.
- Skills to interact with diplomacy and tact, and follow up on requests in time and diplomacy and tact, and follow up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with modern accounting software (e.g. SAGE, QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc).
- Membership of a professional accounting body or an in-view status of membership will be a big advantage.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.