Apply for the position of Finance Manager At CBM Global Disability Inclusion Nigeria Country Office Recruitment 2021, Job Vacancy & Career. CBM Global Disability Inclusion works alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we work with the most marginalized in society to break the cycle of poverty and disability and build inclusive communities where everyone can enjoy their human rights and fulfill their full potential.
We work in over 20 countries, investing in long-term, authentic partnership with the Disability Movement and maximizing our impact through a coordinated mix of inclusive community-based program, local to global advocacy and delivering inclusion advice to other organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager, Nigeria Country Office Recruitment 2021
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: The Country Finance Manager will report to the Country Director and with a functional (dotted) reporting line to the CBM Global Finance Director
Would you like to use your financial and accountancy management skills and experience in a start-up environment, with the chance to make the role your own?
Are you passionate about making a contribution to effecting change at a global level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities?
CBM Global Disability Inclusion are a dynamic, newly formed INGO working alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. Driven by Christian values, we seek out and work with the most marginalized in society. CBM Global is a dual mandate organization, practicing and promoting disability inclusion in development and humanitarian context. Working in over 20 countries, we deliver a combination of inclusive community-based programs, advocacy for national and global policy change and inclusion advice to other organizations.
We have an opportunity for a self-starting Country Office Finance Manager, who will be responsible and accountable for all finance matters in the new Nigeria Country Office. You’ll ensure strong financial discipline in Country Office finances, implement control and compliance checks to ensure donor funds are utilized in line with CBM and donor agreements. You’ll also work closely with local partners to ensure all CBM financial requirements are met.
- Responsible and accountable for all finance matters in the Country Office.
- Ensures strong financial discipline in Country Offices finances, implements control and compliance checks to ensure donor funds are utilized in line with CBM and donor agreements.
- Works closely with local partners to ensure all CBM financial requirements are met.
Responsibilities and Duties
Financial Management Support to Programs:
- Set-up and maintain strong control processes to ensure that financial resources are used by partners in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed.
- Work in direct liaison with the program team and provide ad hoc reports as may be required.
- Perform periodic audits or spot-checks of partner financial management and control systems.
- Enforce partner delivery of timely, complete and quality finance reports in line with CBM’s requirements, verify quality and provide feedback to partners. Maintain database of partner reporting records.
- Give immediate notification of (critical) finance issues, and engage actively in the resolution of these issues.
- Monitors cash balances with partners.
- Conduct the financial and legal compliance part of partner assessments.
- Oversee the development of the budget component of all proposals, ensuring all costs are accounted for and maximum costs are recovered; hold authority to sign off on the financial component of proposals.
- Include finance capacity development measures into partner project proposals; conduct training of Partner organizations in financial management of grants.
Country Office Finance Management and Controls:
- Manage the finances of the Country Office in line with CBM standards, local regulations, and applicable donor regulations.
- Validate the Country Office payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution are made in line with relevant CBM internal and national regulations.
- Maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
- Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- Monitor costs versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases.
- Ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals.
- Control and maintain a CBM country asset register and inventory, in line with CBM or donor requirements, as applicable.
- Organize and manage the annual audit of Country Office accounts and prepare, manage and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations.
- Manage the preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in conformity with CBM procedures.
- Ensure compliance with in-country financial regulatory requirements including statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc. and work on other compliance matters with the relevant functions (1) Administration function: CBM in-country registration and annual reporting to relevant authorities. (2) Human Resources function: labor law.
- Manage banking relationships (e.g., opening and closing of bank accounts).
- Prepare and manage all aspects of the annual Country Office budget.
- Submit timely and complete reports to the Country Director and CBM Global Secretariat as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
- Provide regular budget monitoring reports (budget vs. actual expenditures) and other financial reports to budget holders/stakeholders as required for periodical analysis.
- Regularly and pro-actively inform/update the Country Director on arising financial issues with a potential impact on Country Office management.
- Ensure compliance with in-country statutory accounting and reporting requirements.
Staff Line Management:
- Adequately resource the CBM country finance function in terms of staff numbers, skills and capacity and manage the country finance team based on performance.
- Actively participate as a member of the Management Team in the Country Office.
- Participate and actively contribute to learning platforms at the international level within CBM upon request, and make recommendations for enhancements to relevant policies and procedures to create operational efficiencies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Country Director or Finance Director.
- Prompt resolution of audit and critical issues.
Key Outcomes Expected From this Role
- Financial reports are delivered on time, both quarterly and year-end financial reports from partners, and Country Office reports and year-end audited accounts.
- Cash balances at the Country Office are managed effectively and kept within the defined target cash balance.
- Country Office costs are managed effectively, being maintained within budget limits and within set operational cost ratios.
- Financial standards are complied with by partners and the Country Office; any audit or critical issues are resolved expeditiously.
All of the following requirements are essential, unless marked with a * when they are desirable, and will be assessed from a combination of information provided from the application form and interview process. CBM welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit. Professional qualification in accounting desirable (e.g., ACCA, CIMA, CIA) but not essential*.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior position ensuring effective financial management, systems and controls, including institutional grant management, particularly with an international development organisation.
- Experience in budget development, monitoring and reporting.
- Familiar with accounting packages – knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics (accounting package) advantageous but not essential*.
- Experience in line managing a small team desirable but not essential*.
Skills / Personal Qualities:
- Skilled in producing quality financial reporting.
- Sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Ability to develop finance management capacity in others, and promote the importance of solid financial controls internally and to partners.
- Ability to priorities work and meet deadlines.
- Thoroughness and business acumen.
- Attention to effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a confidential manner.
- Self-starter and completer-finisher with excellent attention to detail.
- English communication skills (written and spoken), next to local language skills.
- Passionate about making a contribution to effecting change at a global level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
- Advanced skills with MS Office, particularly Excel.
- We offer a flexible and working from home culture.
- As part of its commitment to its work with people with disabilities, CBM Global aims to help successfully employ and retain people with disabilities and those with health conditions.
- We have a comprehensive equality and diversity policy.
- The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience
- We offer a local contract.
Application Closing Date
12th April, 2021 by 09:00 UK time.
How to Apply for Finance Manager At CBM Global Disability Inclusion Nigeria Country Office Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should download, fill and send the completed Application Form along with their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- You must have the right to work in Nigeria. We are only able to accept candidates who meet this criteria.
- There is space on the Application Form to include a Cover Letter. Please make sure that you provide specific examples where you meet the essential criteria outlined in the Person Specification, either here or on your CV.
- Informal enquiries are also welcome to the above email address.
- In the subject header of your email it would be helpful if you could add the role title for which you are applying.
- Many of our roles advertised attract large numbers of applicants, and we may not be able to respond to everyone that applies. If we have not been in touch with you within three weeks of the closing date, it is likely that on this occasion we have shortlisted other candidates who meet the criteria more fully.
- We do thank you for your application and your interest in working with CBM Global. Please feel free to apply again in the future for other suitable roles.
- We very much look forward to receiving your application.