Workforce Group – Our client, a top Private School in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- One of our clients, a top Private School in Nigeria is looking to recruit a Finance Manager
- Reports to: Head of School Operations
- Line manages: Financial Accountant, Bursar, Finance Payable and Finance Receivable Officers.
- The Finance Manager, a member of GET, under the supervision of the Head of School and Head of Operations, has the responsibility to provide sound fiscal management advice in the operation of all financial matters, including the development and management of the school budget, the loans and investment of school funds, and the management of receipts and payments.
- The Finance Manager provides assistance and support to the Head of School Operations to assure the effective and efficient operation of the business phase of the school.
- The Finance Manager maintains a positive attitude and style in dealing with other stake holders in a manner that contributes to the overall success of the School.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Advising on general financial policy within the school
- Advising on the level of tuition fee and additional charges in the next academic year.
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure
- Lead school annual budgeting process, to include the preparation of departmental budgets within the school, and present them for the approval of the Governing Body, through the Finance Committee, by March each year.
- Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the school development plan and will forecast future year budgets Discuss, negotiate and agree the final budget
- Use the agreed budget to actively monitor and control performance to achieve value for money
- Identify and inform the Head Teacher and Governors of the causes of significant variance and take prompt corrective action
- Propose revisions to the budget if necessary, in response to significant or unforeseen developments
- Provide ongoing budgetary information to relevant people
Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget by the use of a monthly management accounting system and presenting regular reports to the Governing Body:
- Keeping the accounts of the school and preparing annual Statements of Financial Activity and Balance Sheets in accordance with the laid down procedure
- Maintaining a rolling five-year financial forecast and linked cashflow projection.
- Preparing bills and collecting all fees and extras.
- Managing fee debtors in accordance with delegated powers and reporting as such at each meeting of the Finance Committee.
- Liaise with auditors, bankers, authorities and external parties in resolving all finance and accounts related issue
Payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE:
- Scrutinising and passing for payment all invoices received in the school.
- Management of the fees payment plans.
- Keeping analyses of costs and other statistical records.
- Preparing financial appraisals of particular projects.
- Administering schemes for the payment of scholarships and bursaries.
Separation of financial duties in the department to minimise risk of fraud:
- Produce monthly management accounts and quarterly statutory packs as per prescribed timetable and of excellent quality
- Produce reports on cash flow, capital expenditure and other KPIs as requested
- Ensure school entity meets all its tax recording and reporting requirements, and pays all taxes on time and when necessary
- Produce all financial reports as required for external auditing, tax and other external bodies
- Assist in school expansion projects
Identify additional finance required to fund the school’s proposed activities:
- Seek and make use of specialist financial expertise
- Select types of investments which are appropriate for the school, taking account of risks, views of stakeholders and identify possible and suitable providers in order to maximise return.
- Put formal finance agreements in place with suitable providers for agreed amounts, at agreed times and appropriate agreed costs and repayment schedules
- Monitor the effectiveness and implementation of agreements
Leadership & Strategy:
- Attend Senior Management / Leadership Team, full Governing Body and appropriate Governors’ sub-committee meeting
- Negotiate and influence strategic decision making within the school’s Senior Management / Leadership Team
- Plan and manage change in accordance with the school development / strategic plan for the Finance Department.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- A University Degree in Accounting or Finance
- ICAN or its equivalent
- Masters in Financial management or its equivalent
- Successful experience in all leadership position
- Must be a current Finance Manager in a reputable firm.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
- Experience in developing and/or sustaining high performance teams
- Highly effective relationship management with a variety of stakeholders
- Financial Qualification/ skills / experience
- An outstanding ability as a general administrator
- Significant senior level experience in financial management
- Experience in general management of estates, personnel, health and safety or other relevant areas
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online