The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Finance & Accounting Coordinator
Position Number: 21:257
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Employee
Primary Function / Purpose
- The Finance and Accounting Coordinator will provide finance and Accounting support to the IFES-Nigeria field finance office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling of Petty Cash transactions and payments.
- Review and process Travel Expense Reports submitted by staff and vendors.
- Coordinate and process banking transactions.
- Assist in reconciliation of Bank Statements.
- Assist in the preparation of Field Office Wire Transfer Requests to be reviewed by DoFA before being submitted to IFES HQ.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and bi-weekly staff payroll.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets.
- Assist in reviewing sub-grantee financial reports to ensure compliance with terms of sub- grant and liaising with sub-grantee(s) where and when necessary.
- Under supervision of the Finance Manager, maintain tax records and statutory deductions and make timely and correct payments to authorities.
- Handle photocopying and scanning of payment vouchers and other reports.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant field is required.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration.
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and being able to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Accounting Software, specifically QuickBooks
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues
- Ability to keep and maintain secrecy on all payroll related functions
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English language required.
- Travel may be required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply