The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Worker II
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Assist in the field and greenhouse work such as planting, crop management,
- harvesting, storage, data collection, and taking pictures as approved by the Supervisor.
- Carry out general office duties such as photocopying, sorting of documents etc.
- Handle large equipment like weighing balances, vehicle, sprayer, etc in the execution of initiative activities in the lab, screen house, glasshouse and field as approved by the Supervisor.
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of SeEDQUAL initiative (yam) equipment in compliance with minimum operating standards.
- Report immediately any malfunction of the equipment under his care to the Supervisor.
- Assist in recording utilization details in the equipment logbook.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’ Level qualification with a minimum of three (3) years of experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment with a valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to work with the staff of different ethnic groups and nationalities
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading and speaking)
- Be ready to work longer hours/weekends if needs be.
- Have good driving skills.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.