Zipline – Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Support Team Representative
Employment Type: Full Time
About You and the Role
- Do you love finding creative ways to solve time-sensitive, mission-critical technical problems with little direction and a high degree of ownership?
- The Field Support Engineering team sits between the Engineering and Operations organizations and is critical to ensuring the equipment we design is operational seven days a week, around the world.
- As a Field Support Team (FST) Representative, your job is to support this mission by solving emergent operational and maintenance problems, providing on-site technical support, and finding risks before they impact operations.
- If working in a highly cross-functional environment, solving complex problems, and driving continuous improvement appeal to you, read on.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a decentralized extension of the Field Support Engineering team in the field, with the opportunity to travel to different Zipline sites as needed
- Monitor in-service feedback and triage emergent technical issues
- Analyze operational usage data, failure data, and trends
- Lead root cause, corrective action, and preventative action (RCCA/PA) analyses and development of containment strategies and action plans
- Coordinate with flight operators and maintenance technicians to discuss the top technical issues and share knowledge and best practices
- Work hand-in-hand with Engineering on the top technical issues occurring in the field
- Serve as a go-to subject matter expert for troubleshooting and repairing flight systems
What You’ll Bring
- You have a background in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering (or a similar field); can learn technical information quickly; and can translate between operational needs and technical solutions
- You have previous experience providing technical support to operators
- You enjoy working autonomously
- You have a customer-service mindset and are motivated by helping people and unblocking operations
- You have a problem-solving mindset and are biased towards action
- You have great written and verbal communication skills
- You’ve demonstrated basic data analysis skills with some coding experience (e.g., Python, SQL, or MATLAB).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard torace, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
- We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!