The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) are implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises in the Niger Delta states (LIFE-ND).
The Cross River State Project Coordinating Office of LIFE-ND hereby request applications from suitably qualified and competent candidates from the region to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: State Finance Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Duration: The appointment will be for a period of two (2) years in the first instance, renewable subject to satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN / IFAD.
- The State Finance Officer is responsible for supporting the State Project Accountant (SPA) in the effective discharge of his/her functions.
- Master IFAD key documents such as, the disbursement handbook, procurement guidelines and handbook, IFAI) guidelines for project audits, the Financing Agreement (FA) and the Letter to the Borrower (LTB) as well as the Project Financial Procedures Manual.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of annual operational budgets at the state level.
- Assist the SPA in the implementation of a sound financial management system.
- Assist the SPA in preparing financial reports, including monthly funds reconciliation, and monthly expenditure statements.
- Responsible for collecting/issuing receipts, preparing Payment Vouchers and maintaining the cash records in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Assist the SPA to prepare transaction vouchers, and input all transactions into the project accounting system before submission to the SPA for approval.
- Assist the SPA to process all payments, ensuring that SPCO procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Assist the SPA to process monthly payroll, payment of salaries to staff and project contributions.
- Assist the SPA to prepare payment requests submitted to the SPCO.
- Assist the SPA in preparing cash flow forecasts as required;
- Assist in reviewing and monitoring financial returns from implementing partners, including periodic visits to their offices.
- Collate data received from colleagues into the system.
- Manages well-organized and up-to-date filing system for accounting and financial records.
- Provide assistance to the internal and external auditors as required.
- Perform secretarial duties, including maintenance of a well-organized filing system.
- Collect and review financial reports from PFMU’s.
- Ensure invoices submitted for payment at the State level are promptly attended to.
- Ensure Petty Cash disbursements are appropriately and adequately documented,
- Write cheques.
- Update the Cheque Issued Register.
- Undertake any other activities assigned by the SPA or the SPCO management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ post-professional experience, at least 6 of which mast be in management.
- A professional qualification (FCA, ACA, FCNA, CNA) with at least 10 years of pent- qualification experience, at least 6 of which must be in management,
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in management team of IFAD assisted or donor funded projects.
- Good interpersonal relationship, transparently honest, team worker and possess ability to train counterparts; and must be healthy and fit to undertake extensive filed visits,
- Member of Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, with strong working knowledge of both national and international accounting procedures.
- Strong computer skills, spread-sheets, and other relevant accounting packages.
- Working knowledge of banking and financial control procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Reporting and Location:
- The State Finance Officer (SFO) position will report directly to the State Project Accountant (SPA) and the NPCO Financial Controller who has overall responsibility for Finance. The SFO has no reporting duty outside the SPCO and NPCO.
- The position will be in the Cross River State Project Coordinating Office in Calabar, Cross Riiver State.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.