We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Maintenance Assistant
Job Code: SCU ABJ 0024
- The position will support the Senior Facility Maintenance Associate in coordinating the facilities renovations and repair component of program activities.
- This involves working in close collaboration with the relevant technical and state teams in the identification and prioritization of required renovation works at supported sites and facilities to ensure optimal quality service delivery.
- The role also provides technical guidance to all renovation/repairs contracts to be entered into by the organization in respect of the organization directly leased property or facilities in Abuja or in any of the state offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Facility Maintenance Associate in the coordination/collation of requests for repairs/ renovation work from state offices
- Conduct site assessment and generate Bill of Quantities for required repairs/ renovation work
- Follow up and ensure completion of contracted repair works according to specification/timelines in the contract
- Support the Senior Facility Maintenance Associate in the coordination and supervision of all repair/ renovation work across facilities
- Recommend final certification of all completed work to the Senior Facility Maintenance Associate.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building, Civil Engineering, Architecture or related discipline
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a related role within a reputable organization
- Be capable of challenging physical activities
- Be attentive to details
- Be capable of working with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of donor regulations especially USG rules on renovation/repair works
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team-building abilities
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Current CV and Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION, AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. “COM01 Abuja, JOHN BULL”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as an application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Residents of the Location(s) stated and its environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.