St. Mary Dedication British International High Schools is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves. We are committed to nurturing an intentionally diverse, and inclusive community that encourages students and adults to inspire and respect one another.
At St Mary Dedication British Internation school our guiding principle is Education for Light, Through Knowledge. Our aim is to provide a richness of opportunity for our student to excel, nurture and explore their talents without limits. That is because education goes beyond exam results, its about the complete development of the child.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
- The school Facilities manager is responsible for the security, maintenance, and services of work facilities to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its employees.
- Overseeing and agreeing on contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, etc.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds, and security.
- Ensuring that basic facilities ( school buildings ) and amenities such as water, electricity, and generator are well-maintained.
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Allocating and managing space between buildings.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Advising Management on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Overseeing building projects, renovations, or refurbishments
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations.
- Any other work assigned by the Principal or Vice-Principal Admin.
- B.Sc / BA in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online