Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Extruder Operator
Location: Jos, Plateau
Function: Supply Chain
Reports To: Shift Supervisor – Cereal
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for the optimal running of the twin screw extruder in the BFC plant, ensuring correct assembly and setting of Die, Pressure plate, Cutter, etc, and temperature controls.
- Ensure products meet the desired specification.
- Ensure correct assembly of extruder components (Die, Pressure plate, Cutter etc.)
- Ensure proper regulation of extrusion temperatures.
- Monitor and adjust cutter speed appropriately to deliver correct size of extrudate.
- Ensure feeding of Extruder with the right quantity of material consistently.
- Regular inspection of operational equipment to ensure they are in good condition.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operations maintenance of Extruder
- Perform regular cleaning of Die and Pressure plate as is necessary.
- Always ensure availability of spare die and pressure plate on ground.
- Report any identified anomaly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Support technical maintenance.
- Maintain Quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Ensure the right size of extrudate is consistently delivered.
- Ensure regular cleaning of Extruder.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Always ensure good housekeeping of plant.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Participate in safety and 5S audits and follow through on close out of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Use the correct Personal Protective Equipment always.
- Report Unsafe conditions, Near Miss and Unsafe acts and encourage others to do same using the Safety observation cards and inform the Supervisor.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Train and guide new employees and OSP’s in your team on the job.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets
- Ensure that Production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Minimum of OND (or its equivalent) in Sciences or Engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent team spirit
- Quality and safety consciousness
- Flexibility and versatility
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online