The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Registrar’s Office
Reports to: Registrar
Oversees whom: N/A
Summary of Position
- The Executive Assistant to the Registrar is charged with the responsibility of providing high-level administrative support services which range from complex to routine, all of which shall contribute to the efficient management of the day-to-day operations in accordance with AUN Policies and Procedures.
- These duties shall include coordinating workflow within the Registry Division, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, performing clerical functions, preparing correspondence, travels, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- The Executive Assistant shall also relieve the Registrar of administrative detail by setting up a “tickler” system and an “exception reporting” system to handle routine tasks without supervision.
- Also, the Executive Assistant shall routinely re-order office supplies.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Arrange essential mail in an order of priority for the Registrar
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Process replies on own initiative or from the Registrar’s dictation or notes
- Research, draft or abstract reports
- Handle all inquiries professionally and confidentially
- Arrange “call-backs” to protect the Registrar’s time
- Provide back-up materials for call-backs.
- Route calls elsewhere as needed.
- Do phone surveys/inquiries as require
- Maintain calendar; ascertain which events require the Registrar’s attention
- Fix commitments to maximize the Registrar’s time efficiency.
- Prepare agenda for meetings in advance.
- Arrange meeting facilities.
- Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes.
- As arranged, “rescue” Registrar from laggards.
- Schedule visits away from the Registrar’s area to protect priority/private tasks.
- Arrange travel cash in advance.
- Prepare itinerary, trip file and supplies.
- Prepare expense reports for the Registrar.
- Complete expense reports after every official trip.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Position
- A good First Degree in Management, Sociology or related discipline from a recognized University
- A minimum of three years post NYSC experience working as an Executive Assistant
- Experience of working in an Academic environment is highly beneficial
- Should possess strong organizational and people skills
- Should possess strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Perform to earn Registrar’s full confidence
- Assure discreet handling of all issues.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Work under pressure.
- Possess great organization skills and planning.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
9th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at aun.edu.ng.