Epidemiology Activity Manager at Medecins Sans Frontieres – Spain: Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for Epidemiology Activity Manager at Medecins Sans Frontieres – Spain. Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Epidemiology Activity Manager
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
Contract Period: Six Months
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring the epidemiological activities, ensuring the development of appropriate methodology and the quality of studies according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to identify risk factors for diseases and to determine the optimal treatment approaches to clinical practice and the preventive medicine to be used in the missions.
- Carry out key epidemiological activities in outbreak investigation and advising on the operational response
- Implementing and maintaining a surveillance system to monitor epidemiological trends of relevant outbreak-prone diseases.
- Monitoring and Implementing initial Assessment for emergency, rapid health assessments and baseline or follow-up surveys.
- Preparing and adapting routine documentation (survey forms, training materials, letters of request / notification, locally appropriate consent forms etc.) with support of HQ epidemiologist.
- Managing data systems and ensuring accurate, high quality databases; analyzing results and preparing regular written reports on progress and findings for medical coordinator / HQ
- Providing training sessions to medical teams on relevant aspects of epidemiology to enhance team response capacity
- Advising the MSF medical team on epidemiological matters that arise during their activity research, and when necessary, designing and implementing epidemiological tools and data collection to meet new epidemiological needs.
- Medical Doctor (preferable), Nurse or Biomedical background with a Degree (or Masters) in Epidemiology or Public Health with extensive training in Statistics and Epidemiology.
- At least three (3) years of tropical medicine experience (having assumed coordination position is a plus) Experience in field epidemiology.
- Use of epidemiology related analytical software (excel, Epi-info, STATA or SPSS).
- Mission language essential.
- 208 working hours per month.
N618, 276 gross / month.
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF encourages Women and people with Disabilities to Apply.