CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit cards for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Entry-Level Credit Underwriter
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Credit underwriters are responsible for conducting detailed research on the financial history of businesses and individuals to determine their creditworthiness. It entails evaluating financial information and risks prior to granting credits to individuals.
- Responsible for underwriting credits applications
- Takes decision on credit applications under the supervision of senior underwriters
- Utilizes provided software to score credit applications
- Establishes rapport; maintains and grows important relationship within the portfolio
- Performs annual reviews
- Works with the credit administrator on policies and procedures
- Provides support for business developers on new customers
- Undertakes the analysis, evaluation, and underwriting of proposed credit facilities for customers and prospects
- Assesses credit opportunities; identifies key risks, and structures alternatives working with relationship managers and credit officers
- Responsible for conducting research on borrowers and industries.
- Takes ownership of the credit process, making decisions in the best interest of the customer and organization
- Identifies policy exceptions within a credit request.
- OND / HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- Data skills and ability to translate findings into interpretable business case
- A team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Imterested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply onine