Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager – Windows, Developers & Experiences
Job Number: 1325392
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: People Manager
Travel: 0-25 %
- The Windows, Developers & Experiences (WDX ) team, a part of the Windows + Devices (W+D) engineering organization, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer Manager to partner with us to build and ship the next generation version of Windows that will touch the lives of 1 Billion+ users worldwide! Help us build the Windows Engineering System that enables the development team to bring new Windows features to customers with the highest quality while maximizing developer efficiency.
- We are looking for data-driven and customer-obsessed engineers who like the challenge of working on features, technologies, and engineering tooling. Our work spans a breadth of technologies around the Windows OS, applications and devices.
- You will lead a team of engineers, relentlessly focused on product quality and engineering efficiencies. We are looking for an engineering leader to bring their passion, drive and technical acumen to help us accomplish these goals.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Manage a team of 4-8 Software Engineers.
- Set technical directions for the team.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams and managers.
- Effectively collaborate with a globally distributed team across different time zones and disciplines.
- Lead by example and set the culture for the team that aligns with Microsoft values.
- Be willing to try new things and be curious.
- Grow and mentor your team.
- Work closely with your Program Management team to build a plan that is achievable.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience designing, building and shipping software at scale with a C-style programming language (C, C++, C# or Java).
- 1+ years leading a team of engineers.
- Strong problem solving, debugging and analytical skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and leadership skills, with a proven ability to work well with a global, diverse team, partners, and customers.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across different time zones and geographies
- Experience with UI frameworks like XAML/UWP is an advantage.
- Passionate about engineering quality and efficiency.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.