9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer, CS Core
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Provide support on all operational core network equipment and facilitate PAT of newly integrated network elements.
- Perform core network maintenance activities on the network, node integration, network audit and network performance improvement.
- Principal Functions
- Perform operation and maintenance on core network elements to achieve network availability
- Facilitate the integrate of new core network nodes
- Provide support for the implementation of an effective operational and maintenance framework for core network
- Implement change requests, resolve fault escalations and ensure TTs are accurately closed within MTTR.
- Participate in acceptance of new core network nodes
- Ensure effective supervision of core CS network performance and other related activities (telecommunications equipment monitoring)
- Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of all SIP/E1-PRI connections
- Ensure routine and corrective maintenance on MSC/ HSS/ MGW/ STP/ SPS/ SBC/ U2020/ other CS core nodes.
- Generate incidence reports for core network occurrences weekly and monthly
- Implement software upgrades and hardware replacements on core networks
- Perform network impact analyses of change requests and software upgrades on core nodes
- Perform daily network traffic and KPI trend analysis reports
- Ensure core network spares availability
- Carry out periodic audits on core network nodes and B number analyses
- Participate in BSC and RNC integration into core network
- Definition, integration and migration of Cell sites
- Perform periodic service tests on the network
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering and/ or any other relevant discipline.
- At least three (3) years directly relevant post-NYSC work experience in core network operations and maintenance
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Good computer literacy (Good hands on with MS Office applications)
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online