Moyosola Olalekan – Our client, a private family in Ikoyi, Lagos State, is seeking to employ a suitably qualified candidate for their wards in the capacity below:
Job Title: Early Years Foundation Tutor (Home Schooling)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Early Years Foundation Teacher will be responsible for creating lesson plans and curricula focused on developing social, physical, intellectual, and emotional skills; Assessing children’s individual needs, and communicating with parents on child/children’s growth, performance, and needs areas from time to time.
- The ideal candidate should possess excellent ability in creating nurturing and stimulating learning where the children’s learning improves greatly.
- Our ideal candidate must be ready to leave in with the family at their private residence as well as travel alongside when the need arises so that the learning of the children is not hindered.
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn just like the classroom environment.
- Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Creating and maintaining stimulating learning that improves a child’s wellbeing.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with pupils based on trust.
- Setting an excellent example for pupils and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing pupils’ progress and writing up reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Teaching, Education, or a related discipline is recommended.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Montessori and early childhood education.
- Must be willing to leave in and travel when required.
- Additional courses or training in Education would be advantageous.
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2021.