eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the position:
- The Driver will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Coordinator, Fleet, and would be responsible for operating eHealth Africa’s motor vehicles.
- S/he is responsible for safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles. Regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations Running official errands, and assisting with other office work.
What You’ll Do:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Transports employees and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner; this includes shuttle transportation for campaigns, projects, airport, and distribution runs. Greets employees and individuals warmly.
- Ensures the vehicle is in a proper and safe condition prior to use. Reports any damages or mechanical malfunctions and provides recommendations for repairs.
- Observes traffic rules and regulations and maximum speed limits prescribed.
- Keep assigned vehicles clean, free from damage, and in acceptable condition consistently.
- Reports for work on time and at specified locations. Wears the appropriate outfits and footwear (closed-toe shoes).
- Maintains schedules of pick-up and drop-off assignments.
- Maintains a professional and friendly approach to management, supervisors, and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and established internal policies and guidelines
- Reports all safety, security, and driving incidents to supervisor immediately where possible.
- Ensures that all relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work.
- Ensures routine check-ups of vehicles and complies with relevant laws and company policies regarding the use of mobile phones, smoking in company vehicles, and/or the use of prohibited equipment whilst on duty.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times and approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Consistently at work and on time and participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who you are:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Minimum of Secondary School Education and must have an excellent driving record and experience.
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license, demonstrable route planning.
- Considerable knowledge of Nigerian roads and local laws.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two years of job-related experience, preferably NGO.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- Excellent customer service skills, must be flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to adapt to changes, results-oriented, and positive-minded in a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online