Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organisation registered to contribute positive changes in the economic and social status of Nigerians and Africans through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes. The Organization currently has its Head Quarters in Abuja, (FCT) with state offices in Kogi State, Niger State and Ogun State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Kogi, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- The incumbent is to provide driving support to the organization while adhering to the standard driving regulation and the Nigerian Highway code.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent is expected to:
- Drive the official vehicle in a safe manner, maintain an accurate log of all vehicle movement.
- Maintain and repair vehicles in accordance with AYGF’s policies.
- Keep track of vehicle repair and servicing.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc. and other inputs in a cost-effective manner that ensures reliable use of the vehicle using appropriate tools for requisition and approval.
- Keep the interior and the exterior of the official vehicle clean at all times.
- Ensure the vehicle logbook is updated at every trip; signed by passengers appropriately. Ensure vehicle use policies and the procedure is maintained.
- Respond promptly to request to ensure vehicle use by appropriate staff. Daily cleaning of the vehicle to ensure vehicles are kept neat at all times.
- Ensure that the admin Officer or his/her designate is kept abreast of all routine promptness, proper appearance, and respect for laws, passengers and the general public.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to him by the management.
The Person should have;
- A minimum of OND
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years of experience in driving and fleet management.
- Previous experience working with NGOs or developmental organizations will serve as an added advantage.
- Must reside in Niger State, Kogi State or Abuja.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work under pressure, confident in facing challenges and overcoming problems.
- Broad knowledge of automobiles and good professional skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling systems and procedures.
- Fluency in English is essential while knowledge of local.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and location (Abuja, Niger or Kogi State) as the subject of the e-mail.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in Abuja, Niger and Kogi State and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.