Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driller
Ref ID: Mines-Ibese0011
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for an experienced driller for our cement operations at Ibese Plant.
- Must be able to operate DTH Drill in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant procedures.
- To Perform daily safety and maintenance checks of drill rigs
- Accurately mark out drilling pattern on the bench for blast/short holes drilling
- Depth of every blast hole must include sub-drill
- Ensure verticality of drilled holes, inclined or snake holes, then prescribed angle of inclination must be maintained
- Ensured that each drilled hole is safely covered to prevent inflow of run-off water and pebbles
- Use only approved drill bits for achievement of desired hole diameter
- Inform the Snr. Mining Engineer in charge, drilling and blasting of every completed drilling round/pattern
- Report faults and breakdown to the Snr. Mining Engineer in charge, drilling and blasting.
- Keep the drill rigs clean at all time by blowing and regular washing
- Ensure safe drilling that is, safety of self and machine
- Attend the daily Tool Box Talk at the resumption of shift operation.
- Ensure necessary PPEs are used on regular basis.
- Responsible to Snr. Mining Engineer in charge, drilling and blasting
- Other jobs as may be assigned
- Ability to operate DTH Drill in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant procedures
- WASC + 16 years experience
- TRADE TEST II + 24 years experience
- TRADE I + 16 years experience
- OND + 5 years experience
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- A good Team Player and ability to learn.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online