Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drill Operator
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Services: DCP – Logistics
- We are looking for Drill Operator who will be responsible for day-to-day operation of drilling machines to bore blast holes in open-pit mines and quarries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and operate tracked or truck-mounted rotary drilling, air-track or other drilling machines to bore large blast holes to specified depths at staked positions in open-pit mine or quarry.
- Before commencement of operation and at close of shift, you should go round the machine and ensure road worthiness of the machine and operate. any incident report to superior.
- Operate drilling machines to drill blast holes.
- Operate tracked or truck-mounted drill equipped with auger or other attachment to drill holes for building foundations or pilings.
- May measure location and stake out pattern of holes to be drilled, load blast holes with explosives and detonate explosives to dislodge limestone or rock.
- Ensure adherence to HSE procedures and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor, Drilling Engineer from time to time.
- A Trade Test or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and drills operations.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Very good oral and written communication skill.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online