Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client, a major provider in the Oil and Gas industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dredging Manager
Locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt – Rivers & Warri – Delta
Job Type: Full Time
- Study the bid document thoroughly and prepare for pre bid inquiries.
- Support the pre bid meeting along with Contracts division manager.
- Meet clients and finalize project in terms of time frame, complications involved, risks etc.
- Visit the dredging site and finalize detailed methodology for project execution logistics support and equipment requirement.
- Support budget and identify the Working Capital requirement.
- Give order to commence dredging operations PROJECT EXECUTION
- Monitoring daily production and performance of the dredgers.
- Conduct and check surveys to monitor progress.
- Coordinate with the Site Manager and Clients on dredging methodology, progress of projects and schedules.
- Provide day to day to the dredger crew and co-ordinate with local firms to fulfil dredger requirement.
- To manage technical risks throughout the project
- Recognize deficiencies in systems and implement effective solutions.
- Suggest areas of improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Manage technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Ensuring that all equipment on site are in good working condition.
- Attending EXCO meetings in absence of the MD.
- Oversee staff under his supervision and ensure they are properly trained.
- Identifying and posting key personnel according to the project requirement to ensure best production and timely completion of project
- Ensure production meets output and quality goals while remaining within budget
- Coordinate oversea procurement, invoicing, billing and realization of funds.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Dredging / Technical College.
- Certificate of competency as Superintendent Dredge Master is an added advantage
- Relevant training and professional certifications
- 15 – 20 years’ Experience in Dredging, Marine Maintenance & logistics
Required Skills and Competence:
- In depth knowledge of project management process in dredging
- Broad knowledge of technical features of various types of dredgers and other marine equipment.
- Planning, Coordinating and Organizing Skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Performance Evaluation Skills
- Coaching and mentoring techniques Skills
- Effectiveness and Excellent time management Skills
- Ability to act decisively and strong negotiating Skills
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as ISO 9001 as well relevant code rules and regulations.
- Strong understanding of health and safety best practices.
- Strong customer engagement, retention and quality service experience with good ability to develop and influence business relationships.
- Experience working with executive management and engaging external stakeholders (Clients and Regulatory Authorities etc).
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.