he Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa State hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning
- The Director of Physical Planning is responsible to the Rector for the physical development of the Polytechnic.
- He/she is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development projects, ensures quality and standard of structures in the Polytechnic through proper advice and liaison with relevant bodies involved in the construction of all structures of the Polytechnic.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and transparency in public and private life.
- He/she must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the Polytechnic.
- He/she must be innovative and willing to translate new ideas into new projects in accordance with the Master Plan of the Institution.
The Candidate for the post shall:
- Possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University in any of these disciplines: Architecture, Building, Civil engineering or Quantity Surveying with not less than 15 years cognate experience
- Must be registered with a relevant professional body such as ARGON, COREN, QSRBN, CORBON, etc.
- Must also be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service for the position areas obtainable in Federal Polytechnics in the country.
- The appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
- The position is a career appointment.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of Applications and Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- No and ages of children
- Permanent home address
- Current contact Address with telephone Number(s)/Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts.
- Vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition for and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words).
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Confidential Reports of three (3) Referees on the candidate.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials are to be submitted, in a sealed envelope with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelope, by hand or post to:
Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe
P.M.B. 110, Yenagoa,
- Reference Letters from 3 Referees under confidential cover should be forwarded to the address above closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.