Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Human Resource Associate.
WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance
Employment Type: Full-time
- WEWE wishes to recruit a talented and God-fearing Director of Finance who believes in local organizations, that not all Nigerian’s are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares our ideologies and who see helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from Almighty God.
- The Director of Finance will be based in Abuja and be responsible for the overall coordination of the financial aspect of the project by ensuring the team’s compliance with WEWE and donor financial procurement and ensuring timely disbursement and retirement of funds.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the accounting, financial records, and other financial matters on the project
- Leads preparation of operational budgets and inputs into program budgets
- Sets up the financial systems to ensure compliance with donor’s regulations
- Oversees budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash-flow
- Coordinates external and donor audit activities
- Represents and coordinates donor’s financial review processes
- Manages payroll
- Requests and reviews a financial report from partnering organization
- Manages fleet and procurement
- Reconciles accounts monthly and prepares quarterly financial reports to the board
- Reviews deliverables prepared by teams before submitting
- Leads monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Leads in the sub-granting processes, including fund disbursement and retirement
- Supports the capacity building efforts of WEWE CBOs to liquidate fund advances in a timely manner effectively
- Facilitates the Financial Compliance Advisor Board learning sessions
- Supervises all grant management and reporting on grant performance as well as provide financial and technical management to ensure the best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, and ensuring timely preparation of donor financial reports
- Leads the procurement and maintenance
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or High National Diploma (HND) in Accounting
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND with a second class upper or credit / distinction will be an added advantage
- An advanced degree at the Master’s level or above in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required. Must be a Chartered Accountant or ACCA.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience working as a senior-level manager in health and development programs in developing countries.
- Experience working in a local organization will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with US CDC and USAID regulations and procedures in the financial management of donor-assisted projects.
- Must have senior management experience especially supervising and management staff.
Application Closing Date
7th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Important Information & Notice
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first-come, first-served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race, or on different physical ability.
- WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application, and it will not be used as selection criteria”.