9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Engineering
Job ID: IRC4497
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Oversee the planning and design of cost efficient and reliable transmission infrastructure, core network, value added services (VAS) and other Intelligent Network (IN) platforms to support the EMTS’s network rollout and transmission support for operational activities.
- Provide inputs in the articulation of the departmental strategy for the technical team.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the Network Engineering strategic direction and objectives to all her staff.
- Provide overall guidance and direction in the execution of different functions and activities.
- Coordinate the execution of the Network Engineering work programs and plans.
- Translate EMTS’s business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into:
- Requirements for the Core and Intelligent Network
- Forecasts for network capacity growth
- Integrated Network Plan, a live document to be maintained on an ongoing basis
- Establish and maintain key vendor relationships in line with established policies and procedures.
- Lead the conceptualization, plan and development of customized technical solutions for enterprise business customers
- Direct the Enterprise Network Design & Planning to provide enterprise solutions to support enterprise business unit.
- Oversee the maintenance of all power and cooling systems (generators, amplifiers, air conditioners, stabilizers, station batteries, rectifiers etc.) at EMTSBTS/Transmission sites.
- Lead the selection process of maintenance contractors responsible for major maintenance and repairs of power and cooling systems
- Coordinate the design and support the implementation of efficient transmission systems to support network expansion/ rollout
- Develop strategies and plans towards the implementation of a working WAN, and transmission links (E1s, Backbones etc.) to support operational and business needs
- Coordinate the development of EMTS’s radio Base Station Subsystem coverage and capacity rollout.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and database of existing transmission infrastructure in various EMTS target areas that can be leveraged for transmission services for network development and expansion
- Conduct technical feasibility of new network features/services.
- Support the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) in communicating the activities and achievements of the department to all relevant stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices and make recommendations to the CTO on how this impacts the division’s role.
- Oversee the detailed design of EMTS Core and Intelligent Network
- Plan core network capacity in line with approved network roll out/expansion strategy, market viability and demand planning studies
- Determine the appropriate locations for switches and other intelligent network element to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Oversee the planning, design and optimisation of core network, systems and platforms to support value added services and ensure compatibility and integration with EMTS’s existing infrastructures.
- Ensure optimal use of resources in the planning, designing, and dimensioning of VAS, Core and Intelligent Network elements.
- Ensure that EMTS’s core network design is in line with accepted local and international standards.
- Provide advice on strategies for rollout of value added services.
- Follow up with the acquisition, implementation and integration of switches into the network on an ongoing basis in line with subscriber growth and network expansion.
- Plan for contingencies in network design to accommodate differences between projections and reality.
- Ensure that detailed access network plan is in line with the design strategy and consistent with the commercial planning division’s coverage requirements.
- Ensure radio network is designed and optimized in a cost effective way.
- Oversee, manage and implement all core network and VAS development, transmission planning, RF planning and optimisation activities and EMTS’s radio network coverage and capacity rollout.
- Oversee the planning of EMTS transmission network to sustain growth in EMTS subscriber base and ensure that forecasted customer demands are met.
- Provide support in the resolution of issues and faults on EMTS’s transmission network
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimise performance and enhance output by;
- Assigning detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high quality results
- Motivating, guiding, and ensuring knowledge transfer and capacity building in subordinates
- Reviewing and authorising key expenditures/transactions of the department in line with approved departmental budget and financial manual of authority
- Ensuring periodic meetings to communicate departmental goals/targets and agree work plans.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Chief Technical Officer.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Chief Technical Officer
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
- Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years work experience with at least four (4) years at senior management level.
- Network Capacity Management
- Network Planning and Design
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Engineering Installation
- Leadership and People Management
- Decision Making
- Change Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online