Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Learning Coordinator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- The Digital Learning Coordinator will provide support to the X-Academy department on the overall management of the Learning Management System (LMS) and the academy’s webpage.
- She/he will lead the management and operational performance of the LMS, facilitate the creation of high-quality e-learning and recorded courses, support the update of the academy’s webpage, social media transactions & the development of an online learning strategy to support the overall business strategy.
The main focus of the role will be to provide ongoing support to the X-Academy department to:
- Manage world-class learning management strategy and solutions for the Nigerian Exchange, without compromising current training requirements or standards.
- Ensure that the organisational LMS aligns with/meets the needs of all internal & external stakeholders & clients of The Nigerian Exchange.
- Design and create engaging effective e-learning courses.
- Develop a holistic learning approach on the LMS based on the thoughtful assessment, identification, and prioritisation of LMS requirements.
- Manage the X-Academy’s webpage and social media transactions.
- Develop and implement corporate-aligned strategies that will enhance the employee experience and user satisfaction of the LMS.
- Support the traditional training aspect of the academy.
- The area of responsibility will include providing active support on Learning and Development Strategy, Learning Intervention Management, Instructional Design /Development, Competency Development and Management, Financial Literacy Program, Research/Policy Development, X-Academy Standard Operating Procedures, and Managing risks associated with the X-Academy Function. This position reports to the Head, X–Academy.
Learning Management System Administration:
- Work with the consultant to ensure proper deployment of and daily operation, use, and configuration of the LMS.
- Design and manage the LMS interface for all users and ensure user-friendliness of the LMS.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and systems.
- Write and maintain technical procedures and policy documentation to ensure the security and integrity of systems/networks.
- Deliver required training to support the introduction of new solutions and/or processes.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop an online learning strategy appropriate for the business.
- Coordinate Training Needs Analysis, design, delivery, and evaluation of online learning initiatives.
- Define ways of working to ensure online learning is aligned to both business and end-user needs.
- Manage relationships with vendors and all internal stakeholders to agree on business requirements and drive engagement with the LMS when necessary.
- Create and update resources to train and support learners on how to use the technology for online and professional development, as well as provide support and assistance to users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
- Create user logins as needed, assigns user permissions, create and manage user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Manage and track course enrollment, course revisions and history. Also, ensure there are online assessments and evaluations for courses on the LMS.
- Work with the Technology Services department and the Consultant to manage (update and upgrade) the LMS, and also constantly review and monitor system performance.
- Develop and update standardised tools and reports for ongoing access to learning information; generate standard and custom reports ROI reports included, analyse reporting data and recommend strategic direction to Head X-Academy.
- Provide blended learning solutions for clients.
- Manage relationship with third party vendor(s).
- Contribute to the development of the budget for the department.
Content Design and Development:
- Develop content plans and attend planning meetings with stakeholders.
- Develop, edit and publish all courses, assessments and evaluation contents that are to be published on the LMS.
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content on the LMS is accurate, relevant, up to date and up to standard.
- Monitoring the performance of content and tools on the LMS and identify ways to improve the content and the product.
- Review all course contents to ensure they meet the quality/standard before upload on the LMS.
- Digitalise clients’ materials.
- Use a range of source materials such as documents, interviews and presentations to translate to e-learning.
- Create storyboards, in line with learning objectives, which make full use of the digital format to engage learners.
- Managing the end-to-end development of e-learning materials, coordinating the contributions of others and employing project management techniques to ensure timely delivery and quality control.
- Ensure all digital learning content meets expectations for quality, company branding, copyright law and accessibility.
- Coordinate the contribution of 2 apprentices to digital learning projects, supporting their development and harnessing their creativity and technical skills.
- Use effective communication to ensure all those involved in e-learning projects have clear responsibilities and share an agreed timeline.
- Effectively use and support others in using, a range of content authoring tools.
- Conduct methodical user testing and respond to feedback.
- Communicate clear requirements for enrolment, assessment and reporting to the administrators of the Learning Management System and ensure e-learning is made available in the acceptable formats.
- Report against project progress to multiple stakeholders.
X-Academy Training Support:
- Provide digital support in deploying hybrid trainings.
- Guides the training unit in selecting and using appropriate technology to support content-specific learning objectives.
- Supporting the integration of devices as learning tools in classrooms and intervention settings.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Social Management Science or other related disciplines.
- Membership of a professional body- CIPM, CIPD, NITAD, PMI, SHRM, etc. is an advantage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in delivering Online Learning & Learning Management System functions or specialist experience.
- Basic experience of using a range of psychometric instruments for development purposes and coaching qualification is desirable.
Desired Competencies and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work as an individual and to be a team player.
- Knowledge of the use of a Learning Management System.
- Excellent skills in rapid authoring tools such as Storyline or Adobe Captivate.
- Knowledge of storyboarding, content design and digitalisation.
- passionate about harnessing the power of technology for learning, with a broad and informed understanding of what makes e-learning effective and engaging.
- In-depth knowledge of SCORM technologies.
- Confident, articulate and clear communication skills with all levels of employees
- Ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and other internal departments.
- Confident public speaker.
- Understanding of learning theories and pedagogy for adults.
- Understanding of learning needs analysis.
- A keen interest in all learning technologies.
- HR Analytics, Dashboard Management, Strategic and high-level data, trend analysis.
- Influential communicator with strong written, verbal, presentation, and listening skills and ability to relate with audiences at all levels.
- Graphic design background with creative skills.
- Basic Project Management knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Organisation, follow up, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be persuasive and work collaboratively with diverse subject matter experts.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions and deliver quality results.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity with strong judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Laws and other statutory laws.
- Basic knowledge of practical learning & development principles and awareness of current best practices and its implementation; together with knowledge of external providers of management development support.
- Average HR knowledge and experience working with senior managers on a range of HR development activities.
- Practical experience of turning strategic thinking into practical deliverables.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility whilst retaining business disciplines.
- Knowledge of authoring tools.
- Knowledge of website management.
- Experience in managing and implementing innovative projects.
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Operational HR Experience: HR Analytics, Recruitment, Training, Performance management systems, Employee relations, internal consulting, etc., and knowledge of HR Laws; HR dashboard – graphic representation and interpretation of information.
- Experience in research, analysis, collection/collation, interpretation, and presentation of data; developing standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics; interfacing and liaising with top and senior management, employees and other key stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online