Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
Job ID: DCP – HSSE
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- Support the HSSE team to further enhance the workplace safety strategies, programmes and practices.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Identify and work on ergonomics for office staff.
- Develop and conduct health and safety training for office staff and defensive driving for drivers.
- Assist management in managing COVID-19 concerns in coordination with the Human Asset Management team and Group HSSE.
- Conduct induction safety training for new staff.
- Participate in and conduct audits to evaluate health and safety performance.
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained.
- Provide specialist advice on matters relating to health and safety.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety requirements.
- First Degree B Sc. or HND plus recognized certification in health and safety management. A post graduate will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 9 years relevant working experience as HSSE professional in the Manufacturing/Construction/FMCG/Oil and Gas Industry.
- Highly skilled incident management (incident reporting, investigation, analysis, and follow-up on the implementation of corrective actions).
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proven experience in the cement industry or other heavy industries is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of safety management, and/or related integrated management systems.
- Knowledge of safety audit and inspection
- Ability to conduct safety training programmes.
- Understanding of statutory provisions related to health and safety.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suites.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Initiative, reliability, drive, and teamwork.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online