eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director, Programs and Impact
Department: Programs and Impact
Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
Purpose of the Position
- The Deputy Director, Programs and Impact will work closely with the Executive Director on strategic planning and ensure the effective management and successful implementation of projects in assigned country offices or assigned regional projects.
- She or he will also drive the program design, program implementation strategy, designing research and evaluation methods, and ensure eHA employees have the right tools and knowledge to successfully execute projects, review systematic data to make informed programmatic decisions, and communicate impact to donors and partners.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Create a programmatic vision in alignment with broader organizational goals and strategies.
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and budgets for all programs.
- Ensures programs are delivered in a creative and cost-effective manner within budget and deploys resources as productively as possible to ensure maximum impact.
- Lead New Business Development in creating and identifying new opportunities for funding, creating high-quality funding proposals.
- Ensures all relevant organizational policies and procedures (e.g. Safeguarding, Diversity/ Equality, etc) are adhered to by program delivery teams.
- Establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability and implement program evaluation systems
- Ensures all implemented activities are relevant to the mission and vision of the organization
- Engage the external community to build and maintain essential relationships
- Identify fundraising strategies that benefit and complement the mission and vision of eHealth Africa
- Contribute to the organization’s overall strategy, leadership, and management as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
Strategy and Programmatic Oversight:
- Plan the delivery of the overall program portfolio and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop new programmatic initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the Programs & Impact directorship
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
- Ensure that all programs and project delivery operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that all programs comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Ensure projects have clear metrics, measurable outcomes, and well-defined project plans for each participating partner
- Lead Program Teams to develop measurable outcomes/program evaluation and indicators for each program/project
- Work collaboratively with program managers and communications teams to develop and implement effective evaluation processes to measure and communicate project impact externally.
- Lead resource recruitment, management, and assignment of all Program and Impact team members
- Ensure optimal resource allocation for all programs and projects
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures, and practices of the organization
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Ensure an enabling environment for staff performance, recognition, and reward of the program’s team to encourage staff productivity, innovation, and performance.
- Develop and oversee program and impact orientations, professional development training, reflections, & generally supervising and supporting opportunities.
Relationship Building and Stakeholder Management:
- Support the Executive Director in leading engagements and building long-term relationships with the spectrum of stakeholders (Government, Donors, INGOs, and local NGOs, academic bodies, private sector entities, and relevant local civil society, etc.)
- Identify, develop, negotiate and manage program partnerships and agreements as appropriate.
- Cultivate new and existing relationships with the community we serve with the goal of ensuring sufficient space and resources and access to services
- Support Program Managers to strengthen relationships with existing program partners and funders
- Represent eHealth Africa at strategic meetings, events, and forums at national and international levels.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Management and Administrative staff.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- B.Sc and a Masters’s Degree in a related field. Professional certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience, at least 5years in a managerial role NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Ability to lead and manage departmental operations with a focus on broad organizational design and professional approach to all issues
- Effective delegation of authority and solid work ethic
- Experience with technology systems and informatics
- Experience with strategic planning and execution.
- Demonstrated executive/managerial skills, including experience managing complex programs.
- Ability to manage complex budgets, develop staff, and work with executive management on both short and long-term strategic planning.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking, and interpersonal interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with Board of Directors, funders, community organizations, government officials, corporate executives, the general public, and staff
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, the ability to motivate others, delegate, and make timely/quality decisions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online