eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director, Global Health Informatics
Location: Kano / Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Program Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time – National Employee
Level: Senior Manager / Supervisor
Purpose of the Position
- The Global Health Informatics directorate is responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing digital solutions used by both eHA and it’s partners.
- S / he will oversee both the product development team who develop / integrate solutions and the GIS and Analytics services team.
- S / he will provide leadership and motivation for the engineering and services teams and collaborate with cross-functional teams including:
- New Business Development
- Program Management and Communications
- External Stakeholders
- Executive Team
Keywords: Health Informatics, Product Management, Software Development, Release Planning, Agile.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for the development of a sustainable strategy and business / cost model for the directorship
- Provides visible leadership for the organization within the Global and Public Health Informatics community.
- Overall responsibility for the product strategy of current and future eHA suite of tools
- LoMIS, Data Portal, PlanFeld, SMART
- Regularly meet with Program Management to assess and define future product needs
- Communicate overall vision for product development to Sr management, stakeholders, partners and development team
Oversee Solution design and delivery:
- Lead, mentor and coach highly skilled engineers to deliver highly performant, well tested, scalable and usable applications
- Review and oversee the design and implementation of all software applications
- Formulate strategy, Solutions & Implementation of digital health solutions and approaches
- Work with Programs to set the high level development priorities/schedule
- Provide oversight to ensure that the development team is making good choices about when to build new software, reuse existing software or integrate with third party software/systems
- Ensures that the management and deliverables of informatics solutions are completed on schedule and stakeholders are kept aware of progress and milestones
New Business Development:
- Performs business and technical feasibility analyses of complex informatics projects
- Builds strategic relationships with key leaders in Global and Public Health Informatics to intimately understand the needs of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Organization Strategy
- Actively participates in organization strategy conversations as part of the Senior Management Team
- Collaborates actively with national partner institutions, professional associations, and vendors and represents eHA at conferences, meetings, and working groups to promote informatics thought leadership and visibility.
- Development and monitoring annual and multi-year capital and operational budgets for the various projects and programs.
Team Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee the professional development of direct reports
- Ensure directorate adherence to legal and company standards
- Monitor and analyze directorate operating costs
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings, staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Adheres to organizational Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHA’s Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Health Informatics, Software Development or other related field or equivalent years of education and work experience or any related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Lead consultant or advisor to companies on digital health delivery system and setup would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated executive/managerial skills, including experience managing complex programs.
- Experience in building roadmap for health informatics system and strategic health policy
- Ability to conduct research in relevant health informatics systems areas and capacity to support enabling environment for Health and mHealth projects and products.
- Experience with technology systems, informatics, strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, develop staff, and work with executive management on both short and long term strategic planning.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Practical knowledge of open source data integration and business intelligence tools
- Cognate experience in data integration, cleansing, analysis and visualization of data (Data Analytics & big data)
- Experience using project tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Asana, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with Board of Directors, funders, community organisations, government officials, corporate executives, general public and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of technology project management
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegate, and make timely / quality decisions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online