The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Nature of Employment: Full Time-Projects
Reports to (Supervisor): Chief of Party
Supervises: SIP Specialist, Technical Coordinator & Instructional Material Dev’t Officers
- The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will assist the CoP for the day-to-day technical and operational aspects of the project in Adamawa and Gombe states.
- The DCOP will represent the project to its various stakeholders in the absence of the Chief of Party.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to ensure that the SENSE Project is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the Adamawa and Gombe States and the USAID.
- Direct project implementation through providing oversight to Technical Advisors/Specialists, State-level Officers, and partners.
- Lead in the planning and implementation of all teacher training activities
- Supervise all community engagement activities
- Ensure accurate data is reported by M&E team
- Draft quarterly report with inputs from result area leads
- Support the annual planning and implementation of all project activities in all the Project States.
- Facilitates communications among all project stakeholders.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CoP.
- Master’s degree in education, arts, Mathematics/Statistics or relevant social sciences, Ph.D. is a plus.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in design and management of reading/literacy programs.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in conducting trainings, preferably in the context of teacher trainings in literacy and numeracy.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the development of teaching and learning materials on a donor funded project, preferably in literacy and numeracy materials.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian state education system structure, including the LGEAs and school level management.
- Not less than 5 years’ progressive professional experience in the area of education system strengthening, especially in terms of capacity building of state, LGEAs and school level education personnel.
- Strong understanding of the education context as well as experiences in trainings in North East Nigeria is highly desirable
- Strong communications skills, including capacity to produce polished reports and PPT presentations
- Good working ICT Skills.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs – AUN salary scale.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Resumes, Cover letters and References on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: email@example.com. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is a national position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.