Inland Containers Nigeria Limited is a fully indigenous and recognized company in the maritime sector, rendering services like Dry Port operations, bonded terminal operations, logistics, freight forwarding and shipping.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Depot Accounts Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure monitoring of Company’s revenues by keeping track of money owed by customers, preparing invoices and updating records.
- Raises receipts for funds collected from customers/vendors/staff etc, and ensure daily dissemination of receipt details electronically and hard copies weekly.
- Receives and sign-off debit notes after verification of its accuracy and TDO after verification of full payment based on debit note raised.
- Follows-up with customers to ensure prompt revenue collection and lodges funds collected within 24hours to the bank.
- Computes terminal rent payable and ensure full collection from customers and remits same to the company’s account.
- Assists the Financial Accountant with analysis and reconciliations to support statutory accounts audit process
- Laisse with depot manager to make requisitions (e.g. consumables)
- Receives PVs from Lagos and facilitate payment to vendors/staff/customers etc based on PV instruction.
- Interfaces with tax authorities in Kano/Kaduna and other related agencies
- Maintains depot asset register
- Liaises with the bank to track receipts and lodgments from consignees or other clients
- Maintains and updates accounts receivable customer files and records with copies of invoices and evidence of lodgments.
- Supervises the performance of the depot accounts assistant.
- First degree / HND in Finance/ Accounting or any related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Finance/ Treasury/ Accounts function in a similar organisation Knowledge of statutory financial reporting and knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, tax regulations and industry legislation
- Relevant professional certification e.g. Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.