We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database and Software Development Officer
Job Code: DSDF 004
- The Database and Software Development officer (SDO) is responsible for providing database management, operations, and services to the organization to support all CIHP electronic data management platforms.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Support mobile application development and management
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Document backup and recovery, mirroring, and replication guidelines
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Training users
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business, and systems analysts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of RDBMS architecture and data warehousing concepts
- Experience with physical and logical database design, development, implementation, and administration of large SQL environments
- Extensive experience with MS SQL Server and MySQL
- Excellent understanding of database installation, configuration, partitioning, performance tuning, analysis, and optimization of databases
- Hands-on experience with planning, monitoring, configuring, maintaining and replication of databases
- Highly experienced in backup and recovery of databases
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a variety of identified problems (integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, security issues effectively
- Expertise in mobile app development (Android and either of Flutter or React-Native)
- Advanced experience in database monitoring and clustering
- Fluency with appropriate tools including SQL Management Studio, MySQL workbench, Query
- Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, and other database management tools to enhance monitoring, tracing, performance tuning and clustering
- Expert in writing SQL queries, scripts, and stored procedures of high quality
- Experience working with developers to analyze and resolve database design, implementation, and performance issues
- Works closely with supporting network, server, and disk storage teams to facilitate managed balanced systems utilizing mirroring and availability groups as necessary
- Proactively develop and implement policies and procedures to improve overall effectiveness and integrity of the company’s databases and platforms.
- Ability to follow and enforce change management processes within production environments.
- Strong written and oral skills to communicate plans, status, issues, risks, and mitigations to team and
- management staff
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong team player and ability to foster collaboration with multidisciplinary teams while contributing to a positive work environment
- Capable of quickly understanding and adapting to new business situations
- Ability to scope work and accurately and estimate time, resources and budget needed for its Dedicated to take independent, appropriate action to resolve complex problems with limited supervision
- Ability to manage our platforms vendors in addressing all database tasks
- Experience/Competency in performing Windows Administration tasks a plus.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Current CV and Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location in Microsoft Word format by email to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION, AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. “COM01 Abuja, JOHN BULL”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as an application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Residents of the Location(s) stated and its environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.