First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job Identification: 522
- Support the implementation of the Data Science & Analytics as an enterprise capability in line with framework, analytics vision, strategies, roadmaps & projects
- Design, develop and deploy statistical and mathematical models to solve critical financial services & operational business problems
- Apply machine learning and AI techniques to financial services & operational business problems to deliver differentiated value
- Continuously engage stakeholders to gather requirements, viewpoints and perspectives
- Support the development and management of enterprise analytics requirements
- Maintain analytics tools capability catalogs
- Serve as subject matter expert on available visualization & analytical tools i.e. features, capabilities and best practices
- Support capability increments by conducting training/info sessions with analytics stakeholders and business users with the overarching objective of insight driven enterprise transformation
- Keep abreast of changes in visualization tools marketplace and changes to existing enterprise tools
- Provide quarterly change impact assessment on existing visualization tools where applicable
- Develop analytics solutions leveraging a variety of available tools as assigned based on requirements and assigned priorities
- Build ingestion processes to, prepare, extract, and annotate a rich data variety of structured & unstructured data sources
- Participate in working group meetings as required
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the CDO office to ensure consistency and a synchronized approach to all data related issues
- Serve as a resource on projects as required
- Ensure that all analytics operations are aligned to the enterprise analytics strategy & initiatives are synchronized where possible
- Other duties as may be delegated by Data Analytics Lead.
- Minimum Education: Degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field. Advanced degrees are an advantage
- Minimum experience: 3 years as a data scientist.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online