Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Quality Specialist
- Strategic Operations at the Foundation is comprised of three main groups: Operational Excellence, Knowledge Management, and Business Intelligence. The Strategic Operations group’s overall mandate is to integrate operational dimensions into business strategy development, align operational strategy to organizational strategy, and ensure long-term operational capabilities – like Business Intelligence – are able to effectively support business priorities.
- The Data Quality Specialist will be responsible for developing procedures and strategies that support, create, maintain, and manage data quality processes & guidelines. This position will investigate, analyze, and resolve data quality issues, incidents and problems.
- S/he will assess and monitor the conformance to guidelines that enhance and maintain data quality across the Foundation. The data quality Specialist will integrate the various internal data processes within the Foundation working with IT, Finance, Programs, Knowledge Management, Impact, Enterprise Risks, Legal & Compliance teams and provide a process approach for data quality remediation and enable the foundation to identify, measure, control and improve the various core business processes that will ultimately lead to improved business performance.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Developing procedures and strategies that support, create, maintain, and manage data quality processes & guidelines
- Support the roll out of the data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality through established guidelines, policies and standards
- Identify data quality issues and work towards resolving them by thinking laterally, and identifying and implementing improved work practices
- Effective business partnering with stakeholders to understand business needs, translate into data analytics technical requirements for data quality issues remediation
- Working with IT, Finance, Programs, Impact, Knowledge Management, Enterprise Risk & Legal Teams, to facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards
- Ensure data quality items are resolved to ensure reporting is complete, accurate and timely
- Implements data quality solutions that will enable self-service capabilities as appropriate for reporting and data-informed management tools while collaborating with Functions, setting reporting quality standards
- Recommend corrective action plans, remediation, and improvements in resolution of data quality issues with standards detected through profiling of processes and procedures.
- Utilize business partnering insights to continuously Identify new data quality opportunities pertaining to the use of data to provide data as a public asset for additional insights in solving certain challenges across the continent
- Define & measure data quality metrics and work towards compliance with data quality related policies, standards, and adoption requirements
- Determine protocols and infrastructure necessary for data quality, data validation, storage, structure, retrieval, and utilization.
- Work with the Foundation’s data advisory team to support Data for Public Good initiative
- Collaborate with the enterprise IT team to incorporate the foundation’s data quality management policies into the planning, building, and running domains of enterprise IT, as well as conducting a monitoring role to assess adherence to the policies.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Management, or any relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional services corporation or a large Development/Public Policy Organization, with exposure to data platforms and applications.
- Minimum of at least 3 years of experience with data quality management
- Experience: setting and evaluating data quality service levels; measuring and monitoring data quality; managing data quality issues.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality practices
- Ability to synthesize and analyze diverse data and information, develop, and recommend strategies
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Strong communication ability to interact with both business stakeholders and technical teams
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures
- Possess tested professional maturity, cultural sensitivity, and impeccable integrity
- A strong commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online