ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGosolar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data and Insights Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose / Mission
- The Data and Insights Manager is a key team member working across multiple departments of the EEA Nigeria team and participates in the management of the company’s activity based on the study of numerical data.
- The role will be responsible for empowering decision-makers with real-time and right-sized data insights and recommendations to improve sales, credit, CX, and broader business strategy.
- This role requires a keen ability to work cross-functionally with different teams and key global functions including Marketing, CX, Customer Finance, Product, Software & Data, Corporate Finance and others to develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner to all stakeholders.
- The right candidate will be analytical, curious and have a passion for solving problems through a data-driven, customer-centric approach.
- Ideally, you would combine your analytical capability with a background in commercial strategy, especially with pricing, customer segmentation and customer value management.
- Your work will make a meaningful impact by enabling EEA to stay accountable to our results, to better manage business performance, and to continuously innovate as we seek to go after our consolidated sales, active customer, revenue and EBITDA targets.
- Business intelligence, reporting & data visualization for EEA decisions related to sales, customer service levels, and market insights
- Deliver strategic analyses of the data, establish recommendations and action plans
- Ad-hoc and project-related analytics and performance insights
- Management of processes, systems and standards for sales reporting and analytics and alignment with data sources across EEA.
Business Intelligence, Reporting & Data Visualization (approx 40%):
- Develop effective business intelligence strategies and analytics/visualization solutions for Commercial, Customer Finance (CF), CX, and broader strategic metrics for use by key decision-makers (Country Director, Head of Commercial, Head of CF, Head of CX, etc.)
- Design, develop and own interactive Tableau dashboards to track key performance indicators, summarize sales and data trends, and to enable EEA Nigeria to manage and monitor their sales performance
- Generate regular reports including (1) monthly sales performance reviews; (2) monthly war room content for country leadership (3) monthly reports to leadership; (4) quarterly “Deep Dives” on performance and other key topics; (5) other ad-hoc requests
Analytics, Insights & Monitoring (approx 40%):
- Monitor on an ongoing basis performance against key Commercial, Credit, CX, and other agreed metrics across EEA Nigeria, identifying improvement opportunities
- Conduct ad-hoc rigorous analysis (including statistical analysis and data modeling) to evaluate performance, to form new insights, to highlight areas for improvement, and to drive decision making and sales strategies
- Oversee analytics projects to extract, manage, and analyze sales data from multiple applications or sources (including SQL & field research)
- Work closely with the EEA Data Team to develop and validate predictive models, forecasts or other data tools for sales and customer service
- Provide support on broader analytical needs of the EEA Nigeria team, including analysis of pilots, interventions, sales operations or field research work
- Lead and manage industry reporting, competition reporting, or other external reporting, where opportunities exist
- Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative investigations to better understand customer expectations in a given segment, and to calculate market sizes
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and standards for performance analysis, reporting, etc.
- Support piloting and A/B tests across major commercial levers including pricing, team structure and commissions and scale best practices for commercial activities amongst country teams
- Analyse pilots and projects to determine their efficacy and potential for scale
Processes, Systems & Standards (approx 20%):
- Document and standardize business rules and definitions for key processes and Commercial / CF / CX metrics to ensure alignment of all stakeholders
- Work closely with other stakeholders and data users across the company to create and maintain controls systems and review standards which ensure data quality and prevent discrepancies
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts and engineers to ensure and improve data availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years work experience in fields such as in data analysis, statistics, financial analysis, business analysis, or similar, particularly in sectors like retail financial services or telecommunications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative subject such as Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, etc.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to synthesize and interpret qualitative and quantitative data into practical strategy recommendations
- Experienced building clear and insightful data visualizations with tools like (MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI, D3, ggplot, etc.),
- Able to build advanced queries using PostgreSQL, and comfortable with basics of with database management and data engineering
- Demonstrated ability working across teams and functions on technical project
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Skilled in project management, with an exceptional ability to collaborate, influence, and execute against strategy
- Exceptional judgement, problem-solving skills, and ability to “Think Big & Make it Happen” both independently and collaboratively
- Excitement about EEA’s mission and a deep desire to make an impact on off-grid and financially underserved customers in sub-Saharan Africa.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Data and Insights Manager” as the subject of the mail.