At Omnibiz, we’re fully dedicated to supporting local businesses and helping them navigate the modern market. Over 52,000 businesses across the FMCG industry have trusted us to provide them with the services and necessary tools to overcome contemporary challenges in the market place. Why? The answer is simple – they believe the same thing that we at Omnibiz believe: for the global economy to thrive, local businesses must be given the grounds to grow.
As our adventure evolves, we will continue to support local businesses, provide retailers with the necessary tools to thrive in today’s market, partner with industry stakeholders, and relentlessly pursue opportunities to help Africa’s economy grow.
Our work has only just begun and although the current results are encouraging, we also realize that the road ahead is long and full of challenges. Regardless, we are excited about the opportunities that exist, the pathways we are creating, and the businesses we are building relationships with.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
- The Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing information across our platform data sources to understand opportunities to increase the number and value of customers on our platform.
- This will require an individual with good attention to detail, intermediate to advanced computer skills and ability to develop processes.
- Analysis and manipulation of multiple data sources utilizing Excel; will require use of VLOOKUP, PIVOT Table, and advanced filtering and sorting techniques.
- Provide high quality finished dashboards, reports, and workbooks.
- Understand key performance metrics and functional goals and ideate data solutions.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.).
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a data analyst.
- 3+ years of hand on experience with big data including Hadoop/Hive and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects.
- 3+ experience writing SQL statements, pulling data, combining and performing analytics using query development tools like Toad, SQL Developer, HQL.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide solution and recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online