The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service Assistant
Pay band: 2/J
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract- up till 31 May 2024
- Customer service, operational quality and compliance assurance are critical to the business.
- Nigeria’s operating context means that risk management and contingency planning will be ongoing areas of focus.
- Developing flexible and appropriate delivery models will be critical in responding to the challenges of working across the country, post-pandemic.
- The Customer Services team represents the organisation to a wide range of our audiences, including in excess of 50,000 examination candidates each year face to face, as well as more than 120,000 enquiries by e-mail or telephone annually.
- To support the achievement of country plan objectives in Nigeria by delivering customer services and to project a professional image of British Council and provide a high quality, welcoming and efficiently integrated enquiry service for the full range of the British Council’s English and Exams activities, product and services.
- To meet customer Service Excellence standards in all inbound and outbound contacts with customers.
- The post-holder will Provide a consistent, professional, and positive customer experience in line with the Nigeria Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and polices.
- Record all forms of opportunities, customer data, interactions, and records accurately via agreed online and offline tools.
- Handle exams and non-exams information enquiries from inbound calls, and to operate telephone switchboard to satisfaction of customer.
- To acknowledge and state when answer will be provided if enquiry cannot be answered within standard period.
- To take messages in the event of a colleague’s absence and to pass them on immediately using the agreed methods
- To approach customers proactively and offer help with finding information and using resources
- To deal with first level customer complaints and suggestions to agreed standards
- To maintain close working relationship through briefings with teams about current and up-coming events and activities and the ways that they can be supported
- To assist with market testing of products and services.
- Assisting with data collection for marketing purposes.
- To regularly attend staff meetings to both, gain and impart knowledge about our customers, products, and services.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years call centre experience
- Experience working with CRM & Call management systems
- At least two years dealing with customers and enquiries within a reputable customer service environment with proven positive track record, providing service within quality standards
- IT skills and experience working with MS Word & MS Excel
- Attention to detail.
- Customer Service Qualification
- Experience in supervising a group of people to achieve a specific purpose.
- Essential Requirements- Rights to live and work in the country the role is based in.
- Post holder may be required to work on weekends and/or holidays, based on operational demand.
NGN3,841,822.00 per annum
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2022 by 23:59 Nigeria Time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.