Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited – Our client, a reputable Organisation in the Telecommunications Industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CS Core Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
- Have a basic command of the GSM network NEs (cell, BTS, BSC, and MSC) and their networking structure.
- Have a basic command of the NEs (such as cells, NodeBs, RNCs, and MSCs) on the UMTS network and their networking structure. Be familiar with the interfaces and protocols (such as Uu,Iub,Iu-CS,Iu-PS) between NEs on the WCDMA network.
- Have a basic command of basic concepts and KPIs related to Core CS mobility management. (MCC,MNC,LAC,RAC,Cell ID,IMEI,IMSI,TMSI,MSISDN, call connection success rate, call drop rate, and handover success rate)
- Learn about the handover process. (In-BSC/RNC handover, inter-BSC/RNC handover, soft handover, hard handover, intra-MSC handover, inter-MSC handover, and inter-RAT handover)
- Be familiar with the scenarios where the disconnection message of the target CS service carries the failure cause value, including the voice call, short message, handover, and location update scenarios.
- Have general knowledge of CS protocols.
- Have a good command of CS user-level demarcation routines.
- Have a good command of network-level demarcation routines.”
- Understand the syntax of basic SQL statements. Writing rules. Debugging methods.
- Have a good command of the basic LTE signaling procedures, functions of involved NEs, and signaling interfaces, including attach, handover, activation, and TAU procedures,
- Be familiar with the interfaces and protocols (such as Um, Abits, and A) between NEs on the GSM network.
- Have general knowledge of data collection operations, definition of failure cause values, and evaluation and optimization methods, including:
- 2G: attach, activation, RAU, and paging success rates
- 3G: RAB assignment, RAU, attach, activation, paging, and authentication success rates
- 4G: TAU, attach, handover, and dedicated bearer activation success rate”
- Have general knowledge of the calculation methods of PS service KQIs/KPIs and common data dictionaries.”
- Have a good command of TCP analysis and common problem analysis methods.
Job Requirements and Skills
- Bachelors Degree or above in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering
- Basic understanding of telecom technology
- Excellent relationship building, active listening and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Telecomms
- Good at teamwork, communication and strong learning skills.
- Have general knowledge of the call process (calling process and called process).
- Understand the SMS process.
- Understand the encryption and authentication processes.
- Understand the location update process
N350,000 – N450,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.