SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crane Operator – M / F
Location: Port Harcourt – AMENAM, Rivers
Contract type: Permanent contract
Contractual hours: Full time
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria is actively looking for a Crane Operator to join her work force here in Nigeria.
- Candidate should be able to safely transport loads to construction sites with the use of lifting equipment, such as cranes and hoists.
- Work closely with construction workers and ground operators to complete his daily duties.
- Perform equipment inspections and repairs on a regular basis.
- To succeed in this role, He should have hands-on experience with cranes and building materials.
- Problem-solving and attention to detail are also must-have skills for him, so that he can adapt to different weather conditions and settings.
- Operate cranes and hoists
- Transfer loads to construction sites and discharge safely
- Bind loads to cranes
- Inspect equipment and machinery
- Keep and update maintenance and activity log
- Carry out basic repairs to machines
- Set up machinery based on complex manuals
- Coordinate with ground operators and interpret hand and verbal signals
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols
Candidates must have:
- 5-10 years experience in an equivalent position in the field of maintenance on oil and petrochemical facilities,
- Specific professional knowledge: Hydraulic cranes; Hydraulic stations; lifting and handling. Playing hydraulic diagram.
- Dynamic, versatile, responsive, rigorous, methodical,
- Interpersonal relationships with employees and other entities,
- Accountability & Talent Management
- Conversant with office tools.
- Ability to work on physical offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site.
- Have previous experience as a crane operator or in a similar role
- handling different types of cranes.
- Ability to lift heavy loads, work in heights and stand for long hours
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must-have.
What can we offer you?
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online