Viamo – Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 11 million people reached in 2019 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Titles: Country Director
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- You will be our representative in the country and a passionate leader for the M4D movement.
- Your role is to drive impact, working with partners to develop and launch innovative and effective digital engagement campaigns via mobile.
- You will ensure that every large development organization knows about our organization and our offerings, to design digital engagement strategies with these organizations, and supervise our program implementation.
- This position is highly strategic: in Nigeria, we have our largest contracts in place with international development organizations and more are in the pipeline.
What does success look like:
- Impact: We measure unique individuals who meaningfully engage with our services and we track the behavior and frequency of these interactions.
- New business development: We measure our success in a market by the number and financial value of new business opportunities generated and contracts signed.
- Revenue: We measure the value of contracts acquired in each market and we track the timely and quality implementation of these projects.
- Take the lead in creating impact and ensure that all Viamo staff are committed to the same
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects. This includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets and responding to RFPs
- Lead the identification of new business opportunities in Nigeria, track and respond to RFPs, in collaboration with the Director of Programs and Viamo’s global partnerships team
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is constantly in place to connect with all mobile phones in Nigeria
- Lead the diversification of our revenue streams to include enterprises in addition to development partners
- Represent the organization to national government agencies and ensure organizational compliance with national regulatory bodies
- Manage a growing team of 10+ passionate staff.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Impact, in terms of unique listeners and engagements
- Value of secured partnerships
- Execution and timely invoicing of program deliverables.
Team and Reporting Structure:
- Reports to Regional Director for Anglophone West Africa.
- Line Manages the Director of Programs and the Finance and Administration Officer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience living and working in Nigeria (desirable)
- At least 8 years’ senior management experience, including strong intercultural sensitivity, and a passion for unleashing the potential of your colleagues
- Strong experience working with key donors and partners, particularly with USAID, UN agencies and multilaterals.
- Experience of 8+ years in any combination of: social enterprise, INGO, mobile network operator, ICT4D, digital strategy consulting, donor or international organization or international implementer
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-management, skills, adaptability and resourcefulness
- Proven business development skills, proposal writing and partnership building with a history of collaborative project development and submitting winning applications
- Excellent budgeting and attention to detail abilities
- Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills; adaptability and resourcefulness.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online