Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Logistics Project Development Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a commercially focused and driven candidate to take up the new and exciting role of Contract Logistics Project Development Manager for Maersk in Lagos.
- He/She will be responsible for developing new contract logistics (Depot and Warehouse) product and expanding footprint to meet customer needs.
- The aim of the role is to build business case, identify new sites, manage project implementation (greenfield or brownfield), and handover operations to site manager.
- An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterized by high pace and diversity.
- You will get to focus on creating valuable relations and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
- Moreover, you will expand your business network and enrich your market and product knowledge while contributing to the continuous success of the Central West Africa Area.
- You will gain substantial general management, people management experience and Senior leadership exposure in this role as you will be a part of the Maersk CWA Area Leadership Team.
Responsible for Contract Logistics Product Development:
- Based on customer needs and commercial parameters, identify new sites / facilities to expand warehouse or container depot footprint.
- Ensure necessary licenses and permits are in place for contract logistics development
- Manage contract logistics development including building business case, getting approval and managing project implementation.
- Manage strategic procurement and vendor relations for contract logistics.
Support Depot and WND Product Managers:
- Contribute to develop depot and warehouse product strategy.
- Ensure Area pricing process comply with Global governance.
- Contribute to development of value proposition for new opportunities.
- Once business case approved, define project scope and objectives
- Manage project resource in an effective and efficient manner to meet objectives
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Track project costs, monitor progress, and make adjustment as needed to meet budget.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Project Management (Warehouse / Depot – Inland Container)
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong product knowledge
- Ability to work across different cultures and thought processes
- Commercial and supply chain knowledge
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Project management skills.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online