United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consumer Collections MIS Personnel
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- The primary responsibility is using MIS skill in driving collection and recovery performance, daily activities through the various report generated and quality of our consumer loan portfolio.
- Monthly Consumer & SME Portfolio reports to Executive Management & BCC for UBA Nigeria & RoA.
- Product and Subsidiary limit monitoring to prevent portfolios from exceeding approved global limits and advice Product Teams on the need to obtain approval for limit increments where applicable.
- Weekly report on the performance of digital loans for the ED, Risk Management and GH, consumer banking.
- Portfolio performance and Recovery reporting to the Head Consumer Credit and Regional Collection Heads for monitoring against set targets.
- Post-disbursement of target loans via MIS to ensure they are in compliance with policy guidelines and accurate fees (Insurance, Management Fees etc.) are adequately taken.
- Counter-party Performance Reports to the Product Management Team Review and recommend from time to time the delisting and relisting of organisations based on NPL ratios.
- Recovery of overdue obligations on qualifying loans via GSI trigger (Nigeria).
- Address Consumer and SME customer queries.
- Monitor all collection and recovery triggers for consumer and SME portfolio management both preventive and resolution.
- Organize the weekly and Monthly consumer credit collection and recovery portfolio performance review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field.
- Masters and / or other professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications would be an added benefit.
- Minimum of 3+ years in Risk Management.
- Basic knowledge of IFRS 9 and Prudential Guidelines.
- Must have hands on experience in managing large data sets.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
The ideal candidates must be conversant with the following:
- Complex financing methods
- Financial statement analysis
- Credit risk management
- Knowledge of banking operations
- Understanding of CBN money policies and guidelines
- Credit analysis
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Knowledge of insurance claim process
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power BI/Tableau.
- Knowledge of SQL is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of R and other statistical software is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of credit scoring techniques is nice to have.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, planning, conflict resolution, organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Customer account analysis skill.
- Root Cause analysis and providing the right resolution plan for delinquent account.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online