Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent, Elderly, Health plus Nutrition (RMNCAEH+N) Quality of Care (Q.o.C) Advocacy / Technical Brief
Job ID: 2022-4695
Employment: Status Consultant
Category: International Positions
- The Federal Government of Nigeria is committed to improving quality health care to the Nigerian populace, particularly the vulnerable groups.
- In February 2017, Nigeria connected with nine (9) other countries and partners, to join the World Health Organization (WHO)-led Quality, Equity and Dignity (QED) global network to improve quality of care to mothers and newborns.
- The aim of the QED network is to reduce maternal and newborn mortality by half and improve the experience of care by 2030.
- The FMoH through the Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent, Elderly Health plus Nutrition (RMNCAEH+N) National technical working group developed the following documents:
- A 2-year costed RMNCAEH+N QoC Operational Plan 2021-2022.
- The National Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent, Elderly Health plus Nutrition (RMNCAEH+N) Quality of Care Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Plan 2022-2027. (RMNCAEH+N QoC MEAL Plan 2022-2027) and incorporated the learning component into the Plan.
- The National Implementation Guide for Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent, Elderly Health plus Nutrition (RMNCAEH+N) Quality of Care.
- The outputs achieved above was through an all-inclusive and extensive stakeholder process projected to ensure better coordination of QoC and focusing on the eight (8) domains of the WHO conceptual framework of quality of care.
- The RMNCAEH+N continuum of care connects essential maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) packages, throughout adolescence, pregnancy, childbirth, postnatal and newborn periods and into childhood, building upon their natural interactions throughout the lifecycle. For example, better conditions and good quality healthcare services for mothers and newborn can increase positive health outcomes.
- The Federal Ministry of Health and partners require the services of a consultant to lead the process of developing/updating new and/or existing technical briefs arising from RMNCAEH+N Quality of Care Implementation Guide and strategic documents relating to quality of care including sick and small newborn.
The scope of the review process would involve the following:
- Project Goal.
- To strengthen and create uniformity in RMNCAE+N Quality of Care information dissemination through national and state-level technical and strategic briefs advocacy materials and learning technical briefs
- Conduct a situational analysis (rapid assessment), to identify already existing technical briefs on RMNCAEH+N QoC that speaks to the QoC Implementation Guide in Nigeria.
- Work in collaboration with FMOH and partners to review existing technical briefs if available.
- Develop terms of reference/detailed outline for all 25 technical briefs to be developed.
- Work in collaboration with the FMOH and partners to extensively develop technical briefs that will be used by all RMNCAEH+N Quality of Care stakeholders.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- First Degree in Medical Science (MBBS, Nursing / Midwifery, Pharmacy, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences / Public Health (necessary for medical related consultancies). (Preferably not less than 8 years’ experience)
- Ph.D will be an added advantage and/or professional certification in related field is an added advantage,
- Post-graduate Degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology or related fields of Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and Public Health.
- At least 12 years working experience in related field,
- Extensive consultancy experience on Advocacy content creation and/or communication content creation with local and international organizations of at least 7 years
- Previous experience working with the Federal and State Ministry of Health stakeholders
- Publications in maternal and newborn health, especially the niche of RMNCH Quality of Care.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure and collaboratively in a team.
- Advanced level of spoken and written English.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.